Chili Contest Rules
CALDWELL COUNTY ROTARY
CHILI COOK-OFF for Dictionary Project 2/23/23
Lenoir First Methodist Church 11:30-1:30
There is NO entry fee, and entries will be placed into and judged in one of two categories—Traditional beef chili, or “Open” Category (chicken, venison, vegetarian, etc). The winner will be selected in each category and the winner will receive a trophy and prizes.
1. Contestants must pre-register (see email at bottom) ; no walk-ups will be accepted for contest judgment.
2. Contestants must sign-in at registration upon arrival. Chili drop-off is 10:30-11:00am.
3. Chili must be prepared in advance and be delivered in a heated crock pot. Rotary will provide electrical cords for plugging into outlets.
4. Contestants must prepare between 3-5 quarts of chili. Chili will be served to ticket purchasers for lunch. (11:30-1:30)
5. All ingredients are OK to use, no restrictions. If you are using ingredients people may be allergic to, please let a staff member know so we can make signs to be posted at your station.
6. Rotary will provide common condiments such as: crackers, cornbread, shredded cheese, diced onions and sour cream.
7. Eating utensils such as: bowls, spoons and napkins will be provided.
8. Specialty condiments/toppings are NOT allowed for judging. Example: No corn bread, sour cream, etc. There is no room on the judging table for extra condiments/toppings/sides etc.
9. No signage, handouts, recipe cards are to be displayed or provided to any of the judges. Each entry will be numbered at registration, for judging.
10. Please make arrangements to pick up your crock pot after lunch is served (after 1:30.)
*** If you have any additional questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them: Kent Spears 828-381-9742: email firstname.lastname@example.org